Recipe by Kelly Franz
Executive chef, Magnolias
½ lb. ground sausage
1 tsp. kosher salt
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 cups chopped cremini mushrooms
2 shallots, diced small
3 cloves minced garlic
1 tbsp. chopped fresh thyme
1 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
1 tbsp. Tamari soy sauce
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp mesquite seasoning (optional)
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
½ cup breadcrumbs
2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a non-stick pan, heat olive oil and sauté mushrooms, shallots and garlic over medium heat until onions are translucent.
- Pulse mushroom mixture in a food processor.
- Transfer mixture to a mixing bowl, allow to cool slightly, and fold in sausage, all seasonings, bread crumbs and two beaten eggs.
- Mix well. Adjust salt to taste before baking.
- Using a 1oz scoop, form mushroom mixture into 1-inch balls. Place evenly on a greased sheet pan and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Makes about 20