You’ve got little ones to keep entertained over the summer. Your ideal day is spent on the beach, by the pool or at the park where the kids can run free, and you can let loose. Jump in the water. Get sand in between your toes. Seek out places where no one will give you dirty looks if your children are loud – and you can enjoy an adult beverage. No need to stress. Nothing has to be perfect. It’s summertime. Good vibes only!
Best Beach Reads:
“Beach House Reunion” by Mary Alice Monroe
“The Female Persuasion” by Meg Wolitzer
“I’ll be Gone in the Dark” by Michelle McNamara
On your playlist:
- The Lion King at Wannamaker Movie Night on June 9
- Disney Night and fireworks with the RiverDogs at The Joe on June 15
- Music on the Green at Freshfields Village on Friday nights
- Pool Bar Pop Up at Workshop every Saturday in June from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sip frozen drinks and bubbly cocktails while the kids run around the large green space.
Get a Babysitter!
- Larger Than Life The Ultimate Boy Band Tribute on June 9 at The Windjammer
- The Travelin’ Kine with Ashes of Old Ways on June 30 at Charleston Pour House
- Yacht Rock Revue on July 2 at Music Farm
- Back to Back To Black: A Tribute to Amy Winehouse on July 3 at Charleston Pour House
Awesome Beach Must-Haves:
Your beach days are spent playing with your children, jumping over waves and building sandcastles. Choose a swimsuit and a cover-up that allow you be active yet still look stylish. Beach hair, don’t care. Throw on a baseball cap and some sunglasses.
1. Girlie Girl Originals Mama Bear Pony Cap, Palmetto Moon, $17.00 2. Eden Cover Up, Escapada Living, $78 3. Charleston Weekender Turkish Towel, Skinny Dip, $32 4. Eres Effect One swimsuit, Bits of Lace, $470 5. Las Bayadas clutch, Channels, $55 6. Eres Album Cover coverup, Bits of Lace, $299 7. Cecelia Pezz in tan multi, Shoes on King, $135 8. Pink Cabana earrings, The Cabana by Maris DeHart, $68 9. The Blush Label Bombay silk scarf, theblushlabel.com $61 10. Canvas Tote Charleston, Spartina 449, $42 11. Quay Australia Sunglasses, The Cabana at Maris DeHart, $58