Father’s Day is literally around the corner and I loved the idea of an outfit post inspired by the men. Menswear is something that I haven’t played around with a lot in the past, but the other day I was doing a little thrifting and this adorable tie caught my eye. I had already found the blouse and thought the yellows went together nicely. I think it looks a little like menswear meets prep school girl, but hey, like I said, not a lot of experience here.
I paired it with brown chunky sandals and a faux leather satchel to give that briefcase vibe. To be completely honest, I was really digging the tie. At first, I kept trying to pull it off; then I got used to it and it really made the look! Of course, the paisley patterend shirt and denim midi are my way of throwing 70’s touches in there whenever I get a chance.
I threw my hair in a messy half bun and voila; the look is complete! And yes, the tie is a clip on. There is no shame in my tie game! Now that I am ready for the day, the next thing on the agenda is finding a gift for Pops. My dad is the most generous, hardworking person I know, but that doesn’t mean it is always easy to find the perfect gift. So, I put together a little list of fun gifts and outings that might get the gift-giving juices flowing!
- Sailboat ride on the Schooner Pride
- The Art of Shaving: Shaving Supplies or the Perfect Shave
- Schedule a tasting at the Charleston Distillery Co. or one of the many local breweries
- If your dad is a lover of bowties, there is nothing cooler than Brackish Bowties
- If your dad is like mine, sweets are the name of the game! Try Macaroon Boutique — they have macaroons, chocolate sea salt cookies, and yummy chocolate croissant
I hope I was able to give you a little menswear/prep school inspiration and remind you that stepping outside of the box and your comfort zone can be fun and refreshing at times. From gift-giving to something as easy as your daily outfit, the possibilities are endless. Enjoy the day with family, friends, and, of course, the wonderful man in your life! Happy Father’s Day!