Dining al fresco, concerts in the park, and warm nights perfect for making memories… Hello Summer! We’ve missed you. Time to pack an overnight bag and get out of town, because after all, you deserve a vacation! But first, brush up on all that’s trending for Summer 2016 to ensure you’re sporting fashion’s latest and greatest.
1. Don’t be afraid to show a little skin. Remember: Confidence is key! We’re seeing a lot of pieces with exposed shoulders that show the perfect amount of flirtation while still keeping it classy. Think “Boho-chic” dresses and tops. They’re almost weight-less and take-up little to no space in your luggage.
2. A light and airy romper is truly all you need to throw on a hot, Charleston summer day. Pair them with sandals or wedges and you can go from day to evening in minutes.
3. For your more active trips, pack walking shoes and a comfortable pair of distressed denim cutoffs. Throw them on with a graphic tee and you’re good to go exploring.
4. Swap the winter colors for bright stripes and patterns. A classic-cut dress is all you need to feel comfortable and sexy at cocktail hour or date night. This simple silhouette has become more and more popular as the seasons pass with slight embellishments like ruffled collars and cuffs.
5. And finally, Summer 2016 is encouraging women to accessorize with layers and unique finds: Boxy purses, stone necklaces, rings on two or more fingers and earrings for days!
For more looks, fashion tips and private shopping events, stop by the Scout & Molly’s boutique at 458 Freshfields Drive, Kiawah Island, SC 29455.