Fall is finally here and we’re enjoying cooler temperatures and pumpkin spice EVERYTHING, we’re also planning out our perfect Halloween costumes for every member of the family.
When you shop at Goodwill, you aren’t limited to generic pre-packaged getups. You’ll be able to unleash your imagination to create one-of-a-kind looks while spending a fraction of what you would at a Halloween store.
This year, Palmetto Goodwill is making costume hunting easier than ever with two Bootiques. One is located in North Charleston at 6813 Rivers Ave. The other is located in Mount Pleasant at 1141 Six Mile Road. Although Halloween items will be available in all Palmetto Goodwill retail stores, the Bootiques are outfitted with additional costumes and accessories such as makeup, wigs, masks, hats, and other items to take your look to the next level.
To show you the possibilities, here are four easy and fun costumes you can easily put together by visiting your Goodwill store.
These first two are classics. Sure, there will be others out there this season, but your look will be unique.
- Embrace your free-spirted side and dress like a hippie. You’ll want to be on the lookout for flowy skirts, bell bottoms, peasant tops and sandals. Complete your look with accessories like a crocheted bag, headband, round tinted glasses and peace sign or flower jewelry.
*Bonus – This costume can be worn at Palmetto Goodwill’s Hippie Dash on Saturday, Nov. 5.
Image via Sellabitmum.com
- Creating a zombie costume will allow you to have free reign over the details. Start with a flannel shirt and ripped jeans or khakis then go wild with the accessories and makeup. This one will be fun to shop for because it’s really about seeing what you can find and making it work with your look.
Looking for something a bit more clever or in line with current trends? Try one of these.
- Grab rain boots, a trench coat and an umbrella and tie small stuffed toys to the underneath with fishing line. It’s raining cats and dogs!
Image via amazinggoodwill.com
- Pokémon Go was one of the biggest events of the year. Turn the craze into a timely and comfy costume. To transform into a Pokémon Go Trainer, you’ll need a baseball cap, leggings, sneakers, a backpack, gloves and a Pokéball. A spray painted soccer ball or basketball will do the trick here.
Image via PopSugar
- With all eyes on the upcoming presidential election, no costume will be timelier than Hilary Clinton or Donald Trump. A colorful pantsuit, some jewelry and a cell phone will have you looking like the former First Lady in no time. To pass as a Trump look-a-like, grab a suit jacket, red tie and wig. Campaign buttons or a sign will complete the look. These kids are totally nailing it!
Image via Costume-Works
Hopefully these ideas have got your creative juices flowing. If you still don’t know what you want to be for Halloween, stop into one of the Bootiques and we’re confident you’ll find just the inspiration you need. You’ll also feel good about buying your costume at Goodwill because all purchases help fund job placement and training programs for people looking for employment.