“Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it.
Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it!”- Johann Wolfgang van Goethe
When women come together to learn, nurture, change, and grow, the outcome is inspired, energetic and contagious. I once attended a weekend long Wellness Retreat and the 3 speakers really encouraged women to step outside their current boxes and think about “HOW BOLD ARE YOU?” One speaker, in particular, really spoke to me and encouraged growth from within. Jill Butler – visionary coach and artist – said, “being BOLD from the inside out looks like quiet determination; a decision to change a pattern; to transform our thinking to let go of the fear of the unknown, to risk setting boundaries in a new way and to create a healthier outcome.”
Over the years, this quote has inspired me and many others along the way. Bold people stand out from the group. They are confident, courageous, and directed. I believe there is boldness within most people. Given the right set of circumstances, many will take action to better the world around them. People who choose to be bold are inspiring not just because they get big things accomplished, but because they also instigate growth, progress, and movement for themselves and others around them. Sadly, far more people wait for someone who is bold to lead the way, hoping somehow luck will shine success upon them. Perhaps it’s time to unleash the bold leader in you. Try adding these seven actions to your daily repertoire, and see how much faster the magic of boldness takes you toward success.
- Take Risks: But be sure you have a plan and don’t be foolish.
- Make Tough Decisions: Recognize opportunity when it arises for the right reasons, not what “I’m supposed to do” reasons.
- Create Your Own Opportunities: Don’t wait for others to lead you into success. Be brave and a vision.
- Reinvent Yourself: It takes courage to grow into the person you want to be. Everyone should continue to grow, learn, live and be authentic to whom and what they want for themselves.
- Break Down Walls/Barriers: Improve your understanding and your communication between the people who have different opinions, views, ideals and thoughts other than yours. Truly listen to hear, not to just reply!
- Live Your Truth: In my opinion, this is the most important: Who are you? What do you stand for? What do you want in life? Who do want to be and what do you want to do?
- Commit to Something: The concept of commitment is bold, incredibly powerful, and it’s real, especially in a world today where commitment is lacking.
There is no question that being BOLD takes courage. I will leave you with this:
“Be bold enough to use your voice,
Brave enough to listen to your heart
And strong enough to live the life you’ve always imagined.”