Have you ever had the idea that being an entrepreneur is the move for you? Or maybe you’ve thought of a different way to package a product or to market a service? Well, that’s the starting point for most businesses. Keeping that in mind, here are the six ways to build your own business from scratch and add brand value.
- Don’t put your entire focus on the strategy
A solid business plan is absolutely crucial when mapping out the strategy that will being your entrepreneurial dreams to life, so make sure your blueprint is well built.
- The most crucial starting point should be asking yourself whether you’ll enjoy the idea and process of setting it up for years every single day.
- Your business plan may change with the growth of the company. Hence, once it is set, it will become difficult to match the company’s demands with that of the business plan.
- Interact with your target audience to come up with new ideas as businesses and demands of the people correlate. It will help you to set up your plan accordingly.
- Fund your business
The next step in bringing your business idea to fruition is to raise capital to fund your project. If you think you do not have enough money to do that, think again. Here are a few options.
- Equity Crowdfunding – There are various fundraising campaigns you can create and attract investors on countless platforms. These investors will bet on your business with a small part of ownership provided to them and help you generate funds.
- Venture Capital – You can sell a percentage of ownership in your company to get the funding.
- Bank Loan – You can apply for a bank loan to get the funding.
- Fintech Loans – If you need a small amount of capital, this method may appeal to you. Simply submit the company’s data online, and if approved, the finances will be managed well.
- Give clear messaging
Having an effective business plan lays the groundwork, . You will have to master the art of communication with your investors.
- While communicating with your investors, answer some crucial questions like why are you committed to spending the next 10 years on this business venture? Where do you want your company to reach in five years? How will you turn it into a multimillion dollar project? Etc. Note: it takes months and years to build a good relationship with your investors.
- Interact with your audience, clients and customers to know their needs and modify your tactics accordingly.
- Don’t be afraid of the uncertainty
Start-ups are flexible and may routinely push you to change your ideas. There may be an endless number of challenges, but the goal is to stay determined and adapt according to what is best. Don’t be afraid to play different roles and perform versatile tasks.
- You might have to change your product sales from wholesale to online mode and vice versa based on how your customers interact with your product, but don’t be afraid; be flexible to their demands.
- Sometimes investors won’t know what is best for the company. It’s up to you to find the right strategy by market studies.
- Hire the right people
One of the biggest challenges while building your company is hiring people who are as invested as you are to its growth. You need to a team who understand the fast-paced environment of start-up culture. It’s a good move to hire people who you’ve already worked with, and it is necessary to hire people who add to your company’s diversity.
- If you have a tight budget, hire exceptionally talented people who will also encourage people from their network to join the company.
- Listen to your gut instincts. The team shall fulfill the company’s demands in limited time, quickly and efficiently. If one of the members is not able to do that, address the issue to him and her gracefully, let them go with humility and move on.
- Tick on the checklist
While building your business from the ground up, here is the checklist that every entrepreneur should be aware of:
- The basics – Decide the type of business you’re opening, the name of the company, its mission, etc. Also, decide if the company needs a co-founder.
- Important Documentation – Fill out all the necessary forms and license your business.
- Brand it – Hire a UX Designer to give your company a creative look and logo.
- Get familiar with the market – Have a detailed knowledge about your target audience and your competitors.
- Write down a business plan.
And one of the most important strategies is to plan your finances well, always envisioning the company’s long-term goals.
Carey Matlin is an experienced marketing strategist with 17+ years of experience in developing and promoting corporate brands across all industries. As a UCF graduate, Carey began her career path by working up the rankings at Fortune 500 companies. It wasn’t until 2013 that she launched Ten Four in hopes of guiding professionals in all industries by improving their overall marketing and web presence. She has since grown Ten Four into a viable web-based digital agency that has a clientele spanning across industries focused on real estate, fashion, cosmetics and skincare, and manufacturing. Carey is a fully dedicated creative who truly thrives on helping others grow professionally. However, her number one job and focus as a mompreneur is raising her two young boys. Carey resides in Orlando with her sons and dog, Brady.